By hearing and accepting the gospel of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, sins are confessed and forgiven. In today’s study we will look at God’s willingness to forgive and the blessings that come with forgiveness.
- Is God willing to forgive confessed and forsaken sin?
Psalm 86:5; Psalm 32:5 Isaiah 55:7. God is good and ready to forgive. His mercy towards repented sinners is plenteous. God forgives and abundantly (fully, completely) pardons.
- Are they confessed sins that cannot be forgiven?
1 John 1:8-9. We are cleansed from all unrighteousness. There is no sin He cannot forgive. No past failure, no wickedness, no terrible act God will not forgive. Isaiah 1:18, Jer 31:34.
- What are the benefits of forgiveness of sins?
- Psalm 103:10 – God does not deal with us according to the sins anymore.
- Romans 5:1 – Peace, access to God’s grace and rejoicing in the hope of glory.
- Cleansing – 1 John 1:9.
- No more condemnation – Romans 8:1
- Psalm 103: 10 – New Relationship.
- Psalm 103:3, Mark 2:8-12 – God forgives and heals.
CONCLUSION: 1 Timothy 4:13