A child is usually born into a family.
The very survival of a new bon baby rest on the care and nature of the entire family. The human baby is the most helpless baby. It depends on others for a considerable period of time.
- What are the needs of a child that must be provided by others?
- Who are the principal care providers for a new born baby?
- What is the fate of a baby without care?
We are all like banana; we only thrive as long as we remain in the bunch or family.
- As in the natural so is the spiritual birth
- What is spiritual birth, when is someone born of the spirit? – John 3:3-8
- What are the new Christians called? 1John 2:1, 18, 2, 1 John 3:7, 18
- 3. What do they need to grow?
- Peter 2:2, Hebrew 10:25 and Acts 2:46-47
Spiritual children are born into a family. The family of God on earth is called church. Here, we are fed with the milk of the word of God. We are directed, trained and encouraged by other brothers and sisters. We hear the testimonies of the older Christians on the faithfulness of God and share the hope of eternal life together.
2 Peter 3: 18 – We grow in grace, character, knowledge and faith.
- What happens to a baby without care and does not grow?
- Ephesians 4:11-14, Heb 5:2 … tossed to and fro
- Carried about by every wind of doctrine
- Deceived by the trick, deceit of men
- Not capable of taking care of himself and others
You will grow in the church. The pastors, elders, teachers will love to receive you on Sunday. Join the church and grow. Like the banner, we thrive in the bunch. Hebrew 6:9 – We expect growth, maturity, steadfastness.
- Read and discuss; Psalm 92:12:14, 1 Timothy 4:13
CONCLUSION: 1 Timothy 4:13